A few considerations about this umpteenth chart by the Telegraph.

1. I'm an Italian from Milan and anglophone people sistematically think I’m French because they associate Italian accent with that of Tony Soprano from Sicily in the South.

2. Then again, I’m wrong on the point above, for I speak English far better than any French (they can’t, while some Italians like me can). Does this probably mean that real French are from Northern Italy and Parisians are from somewhere in Africa? Well, yes, apparently it does .

3. Talking generally about accents, what the hell is an “American” accent: Texas or New York City? Will it be OK to squeeze your nostrils in order to turn the Bbc into Daisy Duck? Will it be Politically Correct? Of course it will.

4. After years wasted unsuccessfully in attempting to understand Glaswegians, I can accept that Scottish accent is somehow sexy, but Australian is another language altogether and, finally, I’m not masochist enough to think about Swedish and Welsh: as far as I’m concerned they sound roughly the same... :)

4 commenti:

carlà ha detto...

You forgot the caption for the pic: the leggy lady is Italian and the dwarf is French.

Welshcakes Limoncello ha detto...

Hey, I'm Welsh and I don't think I sound Swedish! I do think Ital is the sexiest, though.

Unknown ha detto...

I find almost all accents sexy... except Brooklyn, New York.

Unknown ha detto...

I don't feel that any accent is sexy since is not feminine enough:-)