Mourner attends wrong Ron’s funeral
A grieving grandmother went to a funeral to pay her last respects to an old friend – then discovered he was alive and kicking. Margaret Griffiths, 74, read a funeral notice saying upholsterer Ron Jones had passed away. So she pulled on her dark coat for the funeral where she mingled with the Jones family mourners at Merthyr’s Tabernacle Church. Margaret returned home to tell a neighbour about Ron’s funeral but was told: “Ron’s still alive. I saw him yesterday”. Shocked, Margaret immediately phoned his home number to check and Ron picked up the phone. Margaret said: “I told him ‘I’ve just been to your funeral’. I said I’d read that he’s died in the paper and that I wanted to pay my last respects to him. He was a bit surprised”. Then she realised there were two men called Ron Jones of about the same age living in Merthyr Tydfil – and both had worked as upholsterers... South Wales Echo