Governor asks: What if pot’s legal and taxed?

As California struggles to find cash, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Tuesday it’s time to study whether to legalize and tax marijuana for recreational use. The Republican governor did not support legalization – and the federal government still bans marijuana use – but advocates hailed the fact that Schwarzenegger endorsed studying a once-taboo political subject.”Well, I think it’s not time for (legalization), but I think it’s time for a
debate,” Schwarzenegger said. “I think all of those ideas of creating extra revenues, I’m always for an open debate on it. And I think we ought to study very carefully what other countries are doing that have legalized marijuana and other drugs, what effect did it have on those countries?”... Sacramento Bee

Nessun commento: