PECTOPAHT - Why the hell they call their restaurants "pectopaht", my manager asked me once, just back from a business trip to Bulgaria. Well, I replied, that's because of the alphabet.

- You know the bloody alphabet - he said - you're off to Sofia right away!

- Wait a moment - I said - It doesn't make sense: I know the alphabet but I don't know the language, I can read it but I don't understand a word, except for PECTOPAHT of course.

The day after I found myself landing in Sofia airport, the first of 65 trips for a total of 2018 days and nights of my life spent in Bulgaria (yes, I love stats). It was 7 February 1992, that was the day my sympathy for the Cyrillic alphabet turned into a love affair with Bulgarians and their language.

However, all that has nothing to deal with here and now. Here and now Miss Welby's on annual leave on the Alps, recycling old blogcasts in Italian only. Apologies to the anglophone (but you're lucky enough it's not Bulgarian) and massive kisses to everybody, ciao.

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

CARA NONNA E' DURA MA TANTO POVERE DONNE, TRASCURATE DA UOMINI CHE PENSANO SOLO A SE STESSI E POI SI LAMENTANO CON LE ALTRE. CHE SCHIFO! DONNE TRASCURATE, DONNE DERISE, SOLE, E UOMINI SOLI, TROPPO. QUANTO MI SONO SBAGLIATA IN PASSATO E QUANTO HO PAGATO EPR QUESTO E CONTINUO A PAGARE. SPERO PER POCO ANCORA. DICONO CHE IL MALE FATTO TORNA INDIETRO. CHISSA' SE E' VERO. IO STO GIA' PAGANDO. COME DICE QUALCUNO IO HO GIA' DATO ABBASTANZA. UNA COSA NON PENSAVO FINISSE COSI', IL MIO MATRIMONIO, 5 O 6 ANNI FELICI E POI IL DISASTRO.