Sunday's Céline Dion special! A fellow blogger - my favourite Michigan philosopher Sidney Gendin -, writes me that he was moved by my previous post about the Canadian diva. Of course, you can learn everything about Cèline from Wikipedia, from her humble background to her ups-and-downs, her extraordinary vocals and so on. Especially for Sid I've chosen this from YouTube:



she also sang a cover of I drove all night... BUT you mustn't forget that the original I drove all night was first played by the late Roy Orbison and the most successful version remains the one by this barefoot Cyndi Lauper: Old Cyndi (yes it's Cyndi, not Cindy) who is also a civil liberties activist, notably on the LGBT issue, and she'll deserve a special post soon: she'll be 55 on June 22 :)

5 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

ammazza quanto e' strafica

bob ha detto...

I'm trying to decide who is my favorite Michigan philosopher, but I'm just not sure I can make a decision.

DS ha detto...

de gustibus...

Dyo ha detto...

Mazza alla Cyndi: pensavo fosse mia coetanea. :|

Rebecca Opetsi ha detto...

Thanks so much
for letting me know about Celine Dion
I am so happy.
Greetings
Rebecca